We’re always on the lookout for talented developers to join our team. Think you’d make a valuable addition? Let us know what sets you apart and we’ll get in touch! This is a full-time position that is open to local (Kelowna, B.C.) candidates, as well we offer hybrid and remote work options for those who prefer it.
If you want to work with an exceptional group of people, with numerous benefits and a terrific corporate culture—you are on the right page.
Acro Media is looking for skilled Software Developers, someone who can code like it’s their native tongue, but still talk to our crew comfortably and sometimes even the odd client.
We consider ourselves a laid-back bunch but driven to do well for our customers. We’re looking for low egos and high skills. What we’re really looking for is your ability to code and willingness to take on new challenges that you can apply your skills to and come up with creative solutions.
We aren't looking to stick you in a corner with headphones on and call you “the IT department”. Developers own this joint; we get it. If you’re desperate to break free from that office life where you co-workers have never even heard of Minecraft, and want to come on board to build kick-ass commerce sites, corporate gems, and the occasional game, keep reading.
As the successful candidate, here are some things you’ll be responsible for:
- ***Must be able to provide example work***
- Producing high quality work adhering to Acro Media standards and following the Acro Media production process
- Implementing updates & revisions to web sites
- Working on multiple smaller tasks or larger builds with shifting priorities to meet deadlines
- Adhering to estimates for the amount of time required to repair a defect, a build, or to add additional functionality to an existing application
- Providing efficient solutions in a timely manner for work requests, issues, and defects
- Communicating well with Account Managers, Supervisors, and Clients in regards to work requests, problems and defects
- Acting as both a peer/mentor to other Developers as well as be comfortable asking for help from team members
The successful applicant will have:
- Ability to find and fix problems in code, this might not be your code and your only hint might be a cryptic complaint from a client.
- We're open to good programmers who know other languages and technologies and are will to learn, but below is a list of a bunch of stuff we normally work with:
- Bonus: C++/Objective C/C#/C
- If you know other languages don’t forget to mention them, if you are a badass Lisp hacker type, mention that.
- Comfortable working in a Linux shell to do day-to-day tasks. Hopefully, you have installed Linux on something at least once, even if it was just your Xbox, phone...or vacuum etc. (For real though, you can get Linux installed on a Roomba)
- Some understanding of Linux hosting if at all possible. Have you configured your own server? Did you set up a web server for your house or friends, even if no one else really cared? We care!
- Prior experience with a source control system (ex, SVN, Git, GitHub, etc.)
- We do a lot of work with Drupal, if you have prior experience with that, be sure to send us some samples
- Formal education or prior experience is NOT required, we just want to know that you can code, so you’ll have to have some work you can show us.
- An excellent internet connection is required; you must be able to sustain an hour long conference call without any issues
- Fluency in English
- All offers of employment with Acro Media Inc are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check.
Here are some things we pride ourselves on being able to offer our staff:
- Flex start times & Earned days off: Do you prefer to start at 8:00? or 9:00? We'll work with you. Want every second Friday off? Well we've got a program for that too!
- Paid Overtime for all roles: What? What?! Yep you heard right. We pay for all approved OT...not that we want everyone working so hard, but with the natural ebb and flow of our industry sometimes it's needed to blast out the OT in order to keep our heads above water. We find this little pay cheque nugget is a nice reward for the over timerz.
- Slappies: Tougher to explain but once a month we get together and have a little ceremony, some food, a few brews - no altars or corporate chants involved.
- Fun day: We aim to have fun every day; however, every year for a day we cram a bunch of fun on ourselves. Weee!
- SPARC Events: Sometimes we have an in-house breakfast, team building events, (less corny than it sounds), competitions, or just a plain little reward for no reason. It's a little spark in our usually normal days. Warning, we make you wear costumes. Often.
- Culture: We're a certain type of people. We're all a little different and unique in our own way but we seem to work well together. No one’s perfect and we embrace that. We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Check out our site to get to know us!